In the situation of the world after entering the period of the viral infectious disease epidemic, the corona virus (COVID-19), the way people live has greatly changed, especially, the entrepreneurial business. Both small and large entrepreneurs face problems in doing business due to the direct impact of COVID-19, which has completely changed the way business was, as well as the demand for services and products of consumers. This has caused many entrepreneurs to face difficulties in running a business. Many had to close their business and face losses because the customers and the purchase of goods have greatly reduced. In this situation, the role of legal advisor is necessary to solve and help such businesses to overcome various obstacles arising from the impact of the epidemic.
Not only the resolution of disputes in the courts or in business dispute negotiations that legal counsel must be involved in finding a solution to business conflicts and negotiating on corporate debt, but also to formulate legal strategies and negotiating agreements to create new ways of doing business. It is another thing that legal counsel will play an important role in turning those obstacles and problems into the new opportunities of business.
We, Legal Spirit firm, have played an important role in driving and solving problems and creating opportunities and solutions for our clients while the COVID-19 pandemic continues. With our effectively problems solution which resulting of the knowledge and experience of our partners and all of our team at Legal Spirit firm. Including attention and commitment to solving problems with our strategy and action that turns business problems of the COVID-19 out to be the new opportunities for our clients. It is only because of the continuous and serious cooperation between clients’ businesses and our quality team.
Here are examples that our firm has opportunities to provide legal services by participating in solving problems for clients during the COVID-19 outbreak as follows:
- Providing solutions to problems for the client who has received a commercial utilization concession within the Suvarnabhumi airport railway project, which both the client and the client’s counterparty have been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. In this regard, Legal Spirit firm has organized and formulated a strategy and participated in negotiations to manage the problems of both parties, to resolved appropriately and in a timely manner. So that our client can manage the debt that many counterparties owed to return as income and enable most of the troubled counterparties to continue doing business together
- Providing solutions to problems for the client that operating in large distribution markets which have been affected by the COVID-19. Legal Spirit firm have arranged and formulate a strategy as well as participated in negotiations to resolve the issue. Until the debt amounted to hundreds of millions of Baht that the client owed to the financial institution have agreed to negotiate in terms of the most beneficial and make our client be able to continue the business with more strength
- Providing solutions to problems for the client who have joint ventures with companies that operate frozen seafood processing business worth value of hundreds of millions in the company that our client has invested in. Affected by the COVID-19, such company confront problems. But Legal Spirit firm has taken action on behalf of our client in order to receive debt from client’s debtor, the company that operate frozen seafood processing, in its entirety and continuously
- Providing solutions to problems for the client owning the restaurant business which is a franchise from Japan and had affected by the COVID-19 outbreak about employment. Legal Spirit firm has arranged and formulated a strategy, joined the negotiations, and managed such employment problems to be solved and thus the management of client’s employees’ employment-related disputes to settled eventually without a court dispute
- Providing solutions to problems for the client who operate the large construction businesses affected by the COVID-19 outbreak which has a dispute about a construction agreement worth hundreds of millions. In which, Legal Spirit has arranged a strategy and participated in negotiations to resolve the problems of both parties, allowing the dispute to be resolved in an appropriate direction